How old and What kind (PICS)

rejoicing

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
We got our new babies at Southern States and we do not know how old they are. They are pretty feathered in thier wings and trying to flap/fly a bit. Most have tail feathers now, too.
These pics are from a few days ago.

The yellow is a BO
But the others are supposed to be Araucana's, can anyone tell me if they really are? Or are they something else? What is this coloring called?

Here are some pics of my babies with their babies!
tongue.png
They named them all...
Here is Worshipper our BO
share008.jpg

Here she is with Rose.our little fatty Ashley.
share007.jpg

Angel
share010.jpg

Elizabeth pooing on my son
lol.png
We are really worried about this one. She is much bolder and dominant...if she is he, then...
sad.png

share004.jpg

Ashley-our little fatty Ashley. she is younger (?downier, not as feathered?) but fatter than the others! And she is super lazy! Very docile and gentle. She is our favorite. and Longneck-another tiny one-not much tail or wing feathers yet. Both of them are slightly different than the rest. Darker, not as many feathers yet, and calmer. Their legs are more silver colored, too.
share005.jpg

Angel on my DD
share010.jpg

For fun-here's the whole crew getting aquainted with a grassy dirt clod! LOL! And we had just cleaned the cage, too!
lol.png

share009-1.jpg

Last edited:
The chicks that were sold to you as araucanas are actually easter eggers. We have 3 and love them. You can see pictures on our BYC page. I think your chicks are about 2 weeks old.

Here are a couple of photos of our chicks at 2 - 2 1/2 weeks.

10-29-08_1528.jpg

This is one of our easter eggers (also 2-2 1/2 weeks). She just started laying last week and lays pretty green eggs.
10-29-08_1536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom