How old are my BR's

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by chichick, Jun 25, 2011.

1. chichick

chichick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I got these BR's today and would like to know how old they are.

2. Kelsey2017

Kelsey2017 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Two Harbors, MN
    They are so precious! They look to me (no expert) that they are roughly the same age as mine, probably a week or so younger though. Mine were hatched on April 30, so my guess is almost 2 months old. I say they are younger than mine because in the last week the feathers on my BR's necks started to get thinner and I heard them gobble last week. Yours look just like mine did only a week ago. The only thing that could be a vairable is that I have only been feeding mine 22% protein meatbird food so if you have been feeding higher protein yours may be younger but bigger than mine. This is my first time with poults and I just love them- they make the cutest sounds and are so friendly even though I haven't spent time handling them. They come right over when you make imitation turkey sounds- here TuRKturk-turks here TuRKturk turks! So much fun!
  3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    They look about 4 weeks.
  4. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I agree with Colby, mine are 4-5 weeks old and look exactly like them, the soft furry feathers on the chest with the other feathers developing is why I think this. Mine are just now starting to lose some chest "fuzzy" and get some little pin type feathers.
  5. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    They are from 4-6 weeks.It depends on how fast they grow!
  6. Lagerdogger

Lagerdogger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    Aitkin, MN
    When they get to 6 weeks, they will start to lose the fuzz on their heads. Not there yet.

Very close to the same age as your bronze/narragansetts. Maybe a week older.
  7. chichick

chichick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Those are actually wild turkey's, but there 4 weeks. The BR's are about 5?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by