How old do you think we are?

Raelyn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 8, 2011
Central North Carolina
We bought these girls at a chicken auction (I know, I know... should have found this site first).

Were told they were Easter Egger's but not told the age. So far, three weeks and no one has laid an egg yet.

They look young compared to our other hens to me.

gertrude.jpg

betty.jpg

Also, what color would that last one be?

Last edited:
The top one looks very much like a silver laced wyandotte. The other two do look like EEs, and I would say they're pretty young...You will probably have at least another month before they begin laying...could be a bit longer......

I agree that they are still probably very young, I would guess around maybe 5-6 weeks old? So you still got another couple weeks, and EE's are known to take longer to start laying. So maybe a monthish till they start laying! They are very pretty little girls!
thumbsup.gif

Both are pullets. EE's dont come in any recognized color so the second ones color would just be pretty! My EE's took forever to lay. The first one looks more red in the face. She may start to lay first. The second one still looks a little pale. I would give them another couple months maybe.

Yay! Thanks everyone
smile.png

They are both very sweet girls and I'm sooo excited to have some hopefully blue eggs!

chicmom: Yep that's one of our SLW Wilma. She loves to be into everything, it's hard to get a picture without her in it LOL
cool.png

I just wanted to add, that chickens that have been relocated to another coop/run can go weeks without laying eggs, even when they are at laying age. I think these are 3 or 4 months old. be patient and when they adjust and feel fully comfortable in their new settings I am sure you'll have eggs bfore you know it!

They are around 3 months old and the black and white pullet is definately a silver laced Wyandotte. The other two are EE's. Most likely 1 pullet and 1 hen.

Back
Top Bottom