How Old is Too Old to Sell Duck Eggs (for eating)

CyndiD

Songster
Feb 28, 2015
Northern Idaho
Hi everyone, I am new to ducks and selling their eggs. I know that you can keep chicken eggs up to 5 months for eating; I ***-ume that duck eggs are the same? I will be putting an ad in my local craigslist to sell my duck eggs and I am wondering how old is too old and at what age of the eggs should I drop the price? I ***-ume that whatever my customers are willing to pay, right? I have given them away to my neighbors, but they are not repeat customers, they don't like them. My husband is allergic to them (he gets sick to his stomach) when he eats them. I am fine and love them. I have 11 ducks laying, yikes, I can only eat so many and bake with them.
What is the going rate for duck eggs? per dozen.
Thank you so much.

I think I'd want to go much shorter time with the duck eggs, but that's just my gut feeling.

I have not sold many, I have provided them to friends and family, and mostly anything over three weeks I keep for myself.

The market will determine the price. Around here, some folks will pay $14 a dozen through the mom and pop health food store for duck eggs. Others get about $5 a dozen.

Thanks Amiga for ur reply. I agree with you.
P.S. how is your winter coming along? Hope your Holidays was fun.
How are your ducks doing? Mine Love their new house, my DH built for them.

Back
Top Bottom