How old would you say they are

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
They were shipped to me on the 27th and said to be one day old then today it's the 30th so they should be 4 days but they have pretty developed wing feathers. They just seem much more developed than I remember peeps being before 1 week old.

77863_coop_030.jpg

Any thoughts?

What breed are they?
I have an EE and a cochin, the EE's wings back and legs are just about completely covered by feathers, the cochin's wings are about half feathered and she's just starting to get some feathers on her neck. Both are about 2.5-3wks now.

I had some gold comets that were about that feathered when I got them, they were 3 days old when I got mine.

Okay I can honestly say I haven't seen any babies that were that feathered when they got here from the hatchery and comparing them to my cornish X the cornish cross look much less developed than that so it made me wonder.

Okay cool so that means they are really 4 days old. Now I have a question for everyone. When people say that their babies are 1 week do they go by hatching date or the date they purchased. I know they are supposed to get starter for the first week and then grower after but if they are four days old already do I only feed them starter until Tuesday and then switch them over to grower crumbles instead?

Back
Top Bottom