how or where to learn about breeding?

Quote:
What does that mean? Any cross but siblings?

yea grand mother to grand son grand father to grand daughter etc . sorry I have been in the dark for a coupla days kina a mini tornado here I have been cutting up a buncha trees for folks

I respect this gentleman's advice, he had many articles you could adapt to make your individual style/birds.

Becoming a Breeder

try that link and then click around his website, while it deals with mostly RIR Bantams, I think you could adapt them to Coturnix.

Best of Luck!

Quote:
That was a link to new bookmark. So thanks and hat tip to ya, Model-A. Here's another link you may or may not find interesting. I reckon you might if it's news to you.
(Abstract) http://ps.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/8/1590

The
entire study is available from the University of Tehran, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources in Iran. I'd post a direct link but suspect that since a Google search shows this article as a pay per view document, from a number of apparently official scholarly websites, perhaps Google's spider found and indexed a file it wasn't meant to find in Tehran. I think they (Google) was sued for this a while back. Anyway, I told you how to find it if you're interested.

Unfortunately, and even though I've read about the subject most of the afternoon, I've yet to figure out to what extent selective breeding influences FCR. It's certainly an interesting area of study.

Quote:
That was a link to new bookmark. So thanks and hat tip to ya, Model-A. Here's another link you may or may not find interesting. I reckon you might if it's news to you.
(Abstract) http://ps.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/8/1590

The
entire study is available from the University of Tehran, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources in Iran. I'd post a direct link but suspect that since a Google search shows this article as a pay per view document, from a number of apparently official scholarly websites, perhaps Google's spider found and indexed a file it wasn't meant to find in Tehran. I think they (Google) was sued for this a while back. Anyway, I told you how to find it if you're interested.

Unfortunately, and even though I've read about the subject most of the afternoon, I've yet to figure out to what extent selective breeding influences FCR. It's certainly an interesting area of study.

bookmarked backatcha
wink.png
good stuff. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom