How quickly they grow in just 6 days!

DaMoot

Chirping
May 31, 2016

Peeping and jumping and flapping like happy chicks should!

This is my husband's lesson in chicken math. We only wanted to replace our girl who passed from shock due to water belly with one or two to keep our tiny flock of formerly three a bit balanced, but ended up with four (well, part of it being the seller had a minimum qty. of three).. they're just sooooo cute. Chicken math!

Oh, how cute! What breeds are they? What are their names?

Two Americaunas, a Polish and a Barred Rock! I can't wait to see what kind of afro the Polish is going to have. :D She's gonna have some gorgeous feathers.

No names yet; I tend to name based on personality or behavior.

Which is why the girl who passed was named Parkour, because she loved jumping on everything she could. She seemed to really enjoy trying to figure out a way to get up to eye-level with people, or as close to as she could. Very inquisitive gal. Loved standing on your shoulder and seeing the world.

And her sister is called Lady of Perpetual Surprise, because she just looks like she's shocked at the world. All the time. I know chickens don't really have expressions, and their eyes are always full round open, but she just has this very surprised look about her.

Miss you, miss Parkour! <3

Attachments

• 20200525_173801-2.jpg
    20200525_173801-2.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 0
Two Americaunas, a Polish and a Barred Rock! I can't wait to see what kind of afro the Polish is going to have. :D She's gonna have some gorgeous feathers.

No names yet; I tend to name based on personality or behavior.

Which is why the girl who passed was named Parkour, because she loved jumping on everything she could. She seemed to really enjoy trying to figure out a way to get up to eye-level with people, or as close to as she could. Very inquisitive gal. Loved standing on your shoulder and seeing the world.

And her sister is called Lady of Perpetual Surprise, because she just looks like she's shocked at the world. All the time. I know chickens don't really have expressions, and their eyes are always full round open, but she just has this very surprised look about her.

Miss you, miss Parkour! <3
Sorry for your loss! Parkour sounds like such a nice hen. Your chicks are so precious!

Back
Top Bottom