how sensitive are chicks?

quailmama 82012

Songster
Dec 27, 2019
Show Low, Arizona
so last night i was checking on the chicks, then i went to go do something and i came back and my heat lamp was broken! i quickly got a box heater and set it to 90 degrees, the highest it could go. tractor supply was already closed. i went this morning and got it fixed and now the cool side of the cage is a little under 90 degrees and the warm side is around a hundred. will my quail be okay? they are eating and drinking and chirping, but i am so worried.
also, has anyone tried Nutri-drench? i got it for a slight case of wry neck.
(they hatched yesterday)

They are probably fine. I would sometimes turn off the heat lamp when it got hot outside for my baby button's and forget to turn it back on, and they were always a-ok after warming up.

i know this is probably normal, but they sleep in really weird positions, right? the three in the brooder are laying on theyre stomach with there feet behind them and are laying on there side.

i have a cool side and a warm side they can go to.
the one in the incubator hatched last night and the ones in the brooder hatched yesterday.

i know this is probably normal, but they sleep in really weird positions, right? the three in the brooder are laying on theyre stomach with there feet behind them and on there side.

i have a cool side and a warm side they can go to.
the one in the incubator hatched last night and the ones in the brooder hatched yesterday.

Yeah, they sleep like that.

Are they spread out or are all climbing on top of each other against one side of the brooder?

That age difference should be fine to mix

Back
Top Bottom