How sensitive are quail eggs to temperature changes?

We have raise Buttons, Valleys, and Mountain Quail. The Mountains are the hardest to incubate. They are sensitive, and probably not very good if you havent hatched other birds before, or if your equipment isnt right on. The others have a little more "wiggle room".
But that said, we like the Mountains best. They are a lot calmer birds than California Valleys. Buttons are very cute.

I have hatched out chickens before, just not quail. I have a hydrometer to monitor the humidity. I also have a calibrated analog thermometer in the incubator. It has a ceramic strip on the back, and it is staying at 99 consistently. The thermostat sensor is sensitive and correct. The only issue I have is that it is in celcius, and I can only set it to whole degrees. My chicken eggs do well in it.

Update on mine (I am not the OP). Mine went fine. I think I will have a few more, but this is what popped out! These were shipped eggs and some were reading 103-104 with a laser thermometer at one point.
ss2mCuo.jpg

This is true! Haha! I always convince myself that I fried all my eggs, but at the end of the hatch window I always get a good percentage.
Arent these little guys cute!! I thought I was the only one to put stuffed animals in with the babies...

Back
Top Bottom