How should I plan my pigeon loft?

CascadiaRiver

Songster
9 Years
Dec 12, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Can someone provide me with like a checklist of things my pigeons NEED in their loft and things they will WANT in their loft? I'm planning on building some small things and preparing for making their outside loft. (They're in quarantine right now)

Also what kind of material should I put on the ground? Sand? Shavings? Dirt?

Can someone provide me with like a checklist of things my pigeons NEED in their loft and things they will WANT in their loft? I use nylon feed bags in my nest boxes designed to fit (nest boxes are on the large side I must confess) if you are building your loft from scratch I would suggest having the ceiling no higher than you can reach. Poop just dries and flakes off on the nest liners and tarp (I use the back side of a plastic leaf rake to clean my tarp).

Also what kind of material should I put on the ground? Sand? Never tried Shavings? have a tendency to migrate to the perimeter of the coop when they fly. Dirt? Never used. I use a 10'x12' nylon tarp on the floorin my case. I have 3 that I exchange every three months or so. You would be wise to use a

"DUSK MASK"

pigeon droppings are know to cause Fatal lung issues.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom