How should i store my layer feed?

i use 2 5 gallon buckets with lids. cheap and holds a 50 lb bag of feed.

Good point. And you can keep it right by the coop. I have mine in 18 gallon totes in the storeroom and it a PITA to move it. I'm rethinking my plan. I saw a youtube on cutting a square out of the left side of the 18 gallon tote. Makes a dandy nest box.
thumbsup.gif

Good point. And you can keep it right by the coop. I have mine in 18 gallon totes in the storeroom and it a PITA to move it. I'm rethinking my plan. I saw a youtube on cutting a square out of the left side of the 18 gallon tote. Makes a dandy nest box.
thumbsup.gif

You can keep the galvanized garbage can outside as well, I rarely do it for feed as I have plenty of indoor storage but I also use a galvanized garbage can for my BBQ charcoal, it sits outside 24/7 even all winter and is always dry... The only modification I do is dab a little silicone around the holes where the lids handle is... I like metal because I don't have to worry about rodents eating a hole in it if it's not stored in a secure location, seems like any plastic container in have every used ends up getting a hole chewed into it by some determined rodent...

Back
Top Bottom