How soon do the males start crowing?

5 females to 3 males is pretty nice! Pretty cool you ended up with the "perfect" ratio by chance haha!

The ratio is becoming less than perfect.

Another bird started crowing today, so I had to remove another male.

To make matters worse, one of the females is lethargic. She keeps closing her eyes, like she's wanting to nap. She's not trying to get away from me like the other birds.

We just had a heat wave come through this week, and although I made attempts to keep everyone as cool as possible, I'm not so sure she wasn't affected.

Guess I'll know in the next day or two.

The ratio is becoming less than perfect.

Another bird started crowing today, so I had to remove another male.

To make matters worse, one of the females is lethargic. She keeps closing her eyes, like she's wanting to nap. She's not trying to get away from me like the other birds.

We just had a heat wave come through this week, and although I made attempts to keep everyone as cool as possible, I'm not so sure she wasn't affected.

Guess I'll know in the next day or two.
Heat wave was bad here too, amazed our birdies are fine honestly. Is she definitely getting enough vitamins and enough water?

Heat wave was bad here too, amazed our birdies are fine honestly. Is she definitely getting enough vitamins and enough water?

Plenty of water, yes. Vitamins, to be honest, hasn't been analyzed. By that I mean, she's eating what everyone else is eating, but everyone else seems vibrant. Rambunctious, even.

I just moved my 4wk old boots out there, so I decided to grab a cold beer and just watch them all, for a bit. It looks like she just wants to nap. Coincidentally, the male, which happens to be her "breed," squatted down beside her and closed his eyes for a bit. Maybe it's breed specific behavior?

I actually don't know what these are called. It's the breed where the female has the speckled breast, and the male's is rust colored. The other birds are tuxedos and A&Ms.

Plenty of water, yes. Vitamins, to be honest, hasn't been analyzed. By that I mean, she's eating what everyone else is eating, but everyone else seems vibrant. Rambunctious, even.

I just moved my 4wk old boots out there, so I decided to grab a cold beer and just watch them all, for a bit. It looks like she just wants to nap. Coincidentally, the male, which happens to be her "breed," squatted down beside her and closed his eyes for a bit. Maybe it's breed specific behavior?

I actually don't know what these are called. It's the breed where the female has the speckled breast, and the male's is rust colored. The other birds are tuxedos and A&Ms.
Sounds like they are Wildtype/Pharaoh

Could just be that they're tried? They're small birds they can only run around for so long. A couple of my ladies are a lot lazier than the others but they're fine!

Back
Top Bottom