How stupid am I?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by s6bee, Jan 24, 2008.

1. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    So today I go out to feed the girls, give fresh water, etc. Sweet! I got an egg really early, so I pick it up, and put it in my coat pocket and finish taking care of them. Wouldn't you know it, my ADD kicked in and I forgot about the egg only 2 min. later. Of course it broke in my coat pocket, all over my car keys and cell phone :eek:

Anyone else do this?

Stephanie

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] There was another post about this yesterday - lots of folk seem to be doing it [​IMG]

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I've done it! Put one in my old rain coat pocket and forgot about it, it must have broken before I hung it up, and it sat there for a few weeks, I kept telling my DH something died in the garage cuz I smell something! It got really bad and then I started looking for the dead mouse, cuz I was so sure my cat killed something and just left it! I found the culprit it was the smelly, rotten, broken, egg in my rain coat pocket! Needless to say rain coat and smelly egg went right into the trash! LOL!!!
    Brenda

4. elliemb

elliemb Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Oh yeah....I'm guilty![​IMG]

5. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    I think about these posts every time I put an egg in my pocket. "Note to self...don't forget about the egg."

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    So far I have avoided it by doing their chores, then collecting the eggs using my hands. Of course, when I've collected 7 or more eggs that gets tricky and one day I will probably drop one or more. [​IMG]

7. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Did it just last week, and my new camera cell phone was involved! [​IMG] but it cleaned up really well.

My girls have been laying for weeks, but we still get excited ( [​IMG] ) So anyway, I came running in the door with 2 (just took them outta my pocket) and held them high...splat! OK, we got 1! Everyone laughs!

PS we do have an egg basket, but everytime I take it out, noone has layed, when I just go out because, everyone has layed...hmmmmm [​IMG]

Tanya

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I try to make egg collection the last thing I do, I throw the scratch - open their door and PEEK in for eggs, but I leave them there till I'm done feeding the horse and goat and getting ice out water buckets and refilling them.

I'm seriously thinking those plastic easter egg things might be the way to go - I wonder if a REAL egg will fit into one of those, that'll keep it from breaking in your pocket - or at worst keep the mess from getting TOO bad!

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    An old house we lived in had a peculiar smell in the area of my daughter's bedroom that we couldn't track down for 3 years! When we moved we found the 3 hard boiled (now petrified) easter eggs that she had stashed in a hidden compartment at the back of her closet. They rattled when you shook em, like egg shells with marbles in em. [​IMG]

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I do it all the time. I call it "making a pocket omelet".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by