how to build on to this coop?

thank you. i don't have a saw i could buy a hand saw but not an electric saw.

So.....go with super simple. Home Depot will do simple cuts on 2x4's.

Graph paper is a great place to start. Draw it out to scale....so 1 square on the paper is 3 inches so 4 squares makes a foot sort of thing. Post pics of the drawings and we can help get the cut measurements done.

Always remember a 2x4 actually measures 1.5 inches by 3.5 inches. Not knowing that can really bugger up a build of any kind.

Hey Emily you might want to check craig's list, let go, nextdoor, offer up, etc. For a 6'good shed or a hefty playhouse already built for cheap? It might be worth a looksee just sayin' . I have a " crawl in" coop and I do like the fact they can shelter under it.
Emily what part of Colo are you in. I'm from Denver , so I kind of understand the climate there. Now that you have experienced the cheapness of pre fab ones you will be better at judging quality.

Hey Emily you might want to check craig's list, let go, nextdoor, offer up, etc. For a 6'good shed or a hefty playhouse already built for cheap? It might be worth a looksee just sayin' . I have a " crawl in" coop and I do like the fact they can shelter under it.
Emily what part of Colo are you in. I'm from Denver , so I kind of understand the climate there. Now that you have experienced the cheapness of pre fab ones you will be better at judging quality.
I live in boulder Colorado.

I live in boulder Colorado.
Ohh well it might be worth a try if you find one cheap. The little run is very nice. Do you have room in backyard to go bigger? There are some minimums in coop size I have 5 hens and my coop size is 20 sq ft roost is 48" and my run is oversized at 160 sq ft. You can always add more run with tunnels etc. but you should have 40" in roosts (8" -12") . I've seen lots of you tubes of people that turned sheds or big plastic playhouses into coops. 2 good things not too hot or humid there.

Back
Top Bottom