how to care for ducklings

I have hatched 6 Cayuga ducklings 1 week ago and they are adorable. I clean them out twice a day as they do get very messy. I let them have time in deeper water however yesterday one of them had a lot of mucous coming out of its nose. It hasn't repeated again however is there anything I should do?
Could it have just been water coming out? sometimes they drink too much and it will come back out their nose and mouth too. How is the duckling today?
And
welcome-byc.gif

Thank You,
I took this video today.
yesss.gif
The treats idea worked wonderfully. They stayed in the pool for a lot longer today. Whenever they started to look nervous I through some frozen lima beans in there. We didn't have peas so I improvised.

How old? Rascal is 2 weeks and I think he is trying to quack! He will open his mouth then nothing cones out every 4th time or so a sound will come out that reminds me of if you slip in the bathtub. The sound of your skin rubbing against the wet tub, only way I can explain it lol.

How old? Rascal is 2 weeks and I think he is trying to quack! He will open his mouth then nothing cones out every 4th time or so a sound will come out that reminds me of if you slip in the bathtub. The sound of your skin rubbing against the wet tub, only way I can explain it lol.
Mine turned 3 weeks old this past Wednesday. They started sometime last week making that sound. I just barely noticed it. I had to sit real still in the coop with them to get them to do it again. LOL like they were shy about practicing around me. I am hearing it slip more now. I can't wait to hear the first big quack out of them. I get so excited over the little things like that with the chickens and ducks.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom