How to convince husband to keep roosters

Are you a family that believes in “right to life”? If so, that fertilized egg absolutely should NOT be eaten and the best way to avoid fertilization is abstinence, which means NO ROOSTER.
If you are not, then no problem - that egg is not viable until it breathes the breath of life. Happy Roosters make happy Hens.:thumbsup:p🤣🤣

Hi — what can I say to convince my husband that having a rooster in the flock isn’t a big deal when gathering eggs for consumption? He says he doesn’t want to eat eggs that have been fertilized — but there’s no difference between a non fertilized and fetitlized egg if it isn’t incubated correctly nothing will develop. We together got 4 chicks on impulse. They are straight run chicks we were both aware of this at the time so 50 50 that they’ll be hen or roo. No sooner than we get them situated he says we aren’t keeping any roosters don’t get attached… I’m raising them by hand and dedicating a lot of time and money and love to their upcoming and introductions to our small flock. I do not want to get rid of any of them regardless of sex and going to put a lot of effort not flock dynamics to ensure a well balanced flock. I know roosters aren’t necessary for hens or eggs but if we do get one (or multiple 😬 that will be a different post for a different day) - How can I convince my husband it’s okay to keep him with the flock? We don’t intend on hatching chicks. Eggs are for consumption by us and shared with family. The excuse he’s given me is he doesn’t want to eat semen in a fertilized egg. Is there any difference between fertilized and non eggs?
Assure him there is NO difference. Pick your eggs up daily and put them in the fridge. Having a rooster gives you free chickens which we will all need.

Hi — what can I say to convince my husband that having a rooster in the flock isn’t a big deal when gathering eggs for consumption? He says he doesn’t want to eat eggs that have been fertilized — but there’s no difference between a non fertilized and fetitlized egg if it isn’t incubated correctly nothing will develop. We together got 4 chicks on impulse. They are straight run chicks we were both aware of this at the time so 50 50 that they’ll be hen or roo. No sooner than we get them situated he says we aren’t keeping any roosters don’t get attached… I’m raising them by hand and dedicating a lot of time and money and love to their upcoming and introductions to our small flock. I do not want to get rid of any of them regardless of sex and going to put a lot of effort not flock dynamics to ensure a well balanced flock. I know roosters aren’t necessary for hens or eggs but if we do get one (or multiple 😬 that will be a different post for a different day) - How can I convince my husband it’s okay to keep him with the flock? We don’t intend on hatching chicks. Eggs are for consumption by us and shared with family. The excuse he’s given me is he doesn’t want to eat semen in a fertilized egg. Is there any difference between fertilized and non eggs?
My husband hasn't eaten my eggs in a few years. I have told him several times how ridiculous that is but he can't eat peas either. I keep at least one rooster available in case of collapse. We will have eggs, chickens, rabbits and veggys to eat. And squirrel I guess.

Back
Top Bottom