How to convince your husband to build you a chicken coop

Must be no husbands here to answer lol. Let me tell you as a prospective husband- tell him you will buy all the new tools he needs to do it. I would build anything for my girl if she bought me that giant chopsaw I've been eyeballing and a bigger compressor and all the pneumatic tools I "need" to build the coop. Or does he already have them?

Must be no husbands here to answer lol. Let me tell you as a prospective husband- tell him you will buy all the new tools he needs to do it. I would build anything for my girl if she bought me that giant chopsaw I've been eyeballing and a bigger compressor and all the pneumatic tools I "need" to build the coop. Or does he already have them?

Oh yes, Santa brought a chopsaw, nail gun, dremel saw, and ginormous tool box this year.... I'm so subtle...:rolleyes:

This thread makes me laugh! My tactic was a little less "sweet," I think: I bought fertilized eggs and started incubating them. That way I was able to say, "Alright. Three weeks until they hatch. Then three weeks until they're large enough to be kept outside. If they don't have a place to live, they're going to stink up the guest room." His office is in the guest room. Once we had chicks in a brooder in the house, he understood what I meant by "stink up the room" and he went to work building our coop! And in my defense, I helped a LOT. :)

Lucky boy, he must've been very good last year! Santa's on a budget down here at the moment since the Claus' brought themselves a new house this year.

Hmm, router? Torch? Anything missing that could be handy for coop building? You could wax poetic about the use of the collection of tools Santa brought.

If that fails too, cookies and ice cream usually work, for me anyway.

Me...I just went out and bought my chicks in January...But honey its way too cold outside for them at this age....Honey...I need a new brooder box for the chicks they are 6 weeks old and outgrowing the xlarge dog kennel and it will get them out of our bedroom!....oh honey I just love that 8' x 3' brooder you build for them, glad we had space in the computer room for them! They should be good to go for a month or more I hope, then to the great outdoors! Most likely the garage first then the outdoors. Depends on the weather. There are only 9 - almost 8 week old chicks in it. That is pretty much how it went, although I did help with the cutting and building of the brooder box. But I really think I was more in his way. Some of the looks I got...Priceless!!

Love that he got all the toys he needs to build your coop! I probably need to work on that end to get the coup done. It's an old shed that a tree clipped on its way down, so it need some repairs. And boxes added and roosts. But toys for him to get my coop is worth it.

Enjoy!

Deb

How cool! I never knew TSC had these plans, and despite underestimating the space needed per chicken, these are really great coop designs! You might also check out Building Chicken Coops for Dummies, available at Amazon, here in the BYC Store, and even as an electronic Kindle version. There are four coops described in great detail. I don't have anyone to sweet talk into building anything..... Gotta pay for somebody to build anything or do it myself. After building my first two coops - which took months of weekends apiece - I just pay someone to build things now. I really like ALL the coop projects listed at that TSC site you provided. Tractor styles aren't suitable for my situation, but all the plans look really good!

You must be an easy kind of guy lol. I was finally bought the sander I'd been asking for for months last weekend. Power tools don't do it for my man. He's allergic to all my great ideas
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom