How to cope with dog death.

God bless you, Jared. Often dogs are the closest we come to God’s unconditional Love. It sometimes helps after a period of grieving to resolve to buy a new pet, unlike the other. That way you don’t feel you are replacing him but have a new buddy to love you and get to know. Resolve to give them a good life in appreciation. Maybe rehome something from the pound.

Yes, Jared, I agree with @RcoM above. Shortly after I had to have my sweet Sheltie, Gracie, put down, we got Jenny, a Golden retriever, another favorite breed. She is also sweet, but funny and loving as well. She is very devoted to me, in a way that Gracie was not and is a great comfort to me. Pic follows.

Here's Jenny with her favorite toy.

1000007137.jpg

Gracie was territorial. She'd lay on the top step of either the front or back porches and guard the property, and woe betide the intruder that dared cross her boundaries, be it coyote or squirrel! I appreciated her guarding instincts but often wished for a dog that would lay at my feet and follow me around. Jenny is that dog! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom