How to DIY no roost for buckets?

I realize I'm "late to the party", but you could use those flimsy plastic cutting boards they sell at Dollar Tree...2 come in a pack. Fashion it into a cone and staple/sew/tie into shape. The same cutting boards work well for making templates for sewing patterns. ;)

I've spent a couple hours googling and looking for a decent DIY solution to this problem. There's got to be something cheap and readily available that I can use to keep the girls off the top of the 5 gallon bucket I'm using for their feeder. I've done a cursory search of the forums here as well but I'm apparently not using the right combination of search terms.
I've spent a couple hours googling and looking for a decent DIY solution to this problem. There's got to be something cheap and readily available that I can use to keep the girls off the top of the 5 gallon bucket I'm using for their feeder. I've done a cursory search of the forums here as well but I'm apparently not using the right combination of search terms.
I
I went to the Dollar store and got a large plastic bowl, flipped it upside down and put a C hook in it. The bowl fits perfectly upside down on the lid of the 5 gallon bucket, and the C hook stops the chickens from roosting on it. I got 2 for $2.70

Attachments

• IMG_7704.jpeg
    IMG_7704.jpeg
    658.7 KB · Views: 52
I

I went to the Dollar store and got a large plastic bowl, flipped it upside down and put a C hook in it. The bowl fits perfectly upside down on the lid of the 5 gallon bucket, and the C hook stops the chickens from roosting on it. I got 2 for $2.70
That is genius! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom