How to earn money?

ThePigeonKid

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
My grand father raises guineas and I know he wouldn't if it weren't for a good profit.

I've read alot about guineas but I was wondering how you can make the most money off them?

Thanks in advance!

TPK

like most other poultry :

Start off with cheap chicks/keets or hatching eggs - grow them up, keep a small number of males - and keep all the females - sell the surplus males. Keep X number of eggs a month for yourself and sell the rest as hatching eggs. hatch out babies : keep X number for yourself and sell : then branch out and buy more colors etc ... Sell babies, excess males, and hatching eggs every month/season. around here you'll see on CL regular pearl hatching eggs go for 5-7$ a dozen, 1 day old keets 3$ each, adults 12$ a piece and thats just normal pearls. The prettier and rarer colors obviously go for more if the person knows what they have
wink.png

I have friends who breed and dabble with genetic coloring in guineas and chickens and its their 'hobby' but they make good side money off of something they enjoy. Some people in my area do it for a living and live well off it if the market is good.

Last edited:
Not really meant to be warm until arriving at incubator. Most instructions say to store fertile eggs that you are going to set or incubate at 55-60* turning twice daily until desired quantity is assembled, but hopefully not over nine days.

Back
Top Bottom