how to find someone?

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
i love to collect old books..well, i was thumbing through a really old book that came from only god knows where when out fell a baptism record!
its from 1939...i would love to find the family and give it to them but i have had no luck at all.

Wow, that's really cool. You could contact some of the geneaology groups in your area, maybe? Or the church that performed the baptism? They might have a record of the family? Or city or town hall in the area the church is.....

Quote:

thats the problem...it just says that the person was baptized in the methodist episcopal church..the part for the name of the church was left blank! i looked on ancestry.com but they charge to look anything up it seems..i looked on the ss death index to no avail. i know the family would love to have this though.

come on..surely you can do better than that!
roll.png

Agreed!

Have you tried "Google"-ing the name? Or perhaps something like "WhitePages.com" with the name? Oh, I'd just keep after it on different web sites 'til I found a match! LOL

Would it be possible to Google the surnames of the people mentioned in the book? The family probably came from the state where you reside. It'll take a lot of time, but you'd be providing someone with a priceless piece of ancestry.

All the best,

Suzy
love.gif

I think that you're trying to do a wonderful thing!

Back
Top Bottom