How to get 2 English Springer Spaniels to get along?

I wasn't going to add anymore to this thread as I feel everything I say is being misunderstood but as you mentioned Goldens and how you went about getting one I feel I want to add my friends experience.... She did just the same as you ( and always has with her previous Goldens) which is IMO the furthest MOST people will go in finding a good breeder ( most would not be so thorough) Cut a very long story short, the dear little pup that she took home was so far removed from what you would normally expect from a Golden, he wanted no fuss, he was completely unresponsive to training unless he felt like doing it, he would snarl and snap at a very young age, my friend was distraught as well as black and blue! she sought help from various trainers, the vet and the breeder, the breeder came to see her at home, I think she thought she would be able to tell my friend where she was going wrong and all would be well, she appeared to be taking responsibility for the dog she had bred until she saw his behaviour, she then turned tail and said she wouldn't have him back and could not help! My friend sought help from a breed rescue and they found someone willing to rehome him and work with him, he has never become a family pet but they just manage him and his ways but it isn't easy. Just wanted to share this with you as you have Goldens, I am always interested in other peoples experiences because its not a black and white world out there!

Back
Top Bottom