How to get hawk away from backyard?!?

Build a large chicken tractor that is easy to move around the yard so they can still scratch and forage but won't be snatched up by a hawk.
I know it's more of a hassle than free ranging, but it's worth it. no losses and piece of mind.
it's illegal to kill or trap a hawk, they are protected...lord knows why...they're everywhere it seems like.
Or as someone mentioned get a large LGD, which is a whole other feat training the dog.
Choice is yours..but nothing will keep a hunting hawk away from your property.

I was in my kitchen and I was looking out the window and I saw a hawk. The hawk was flying over one of my hens. But my hen was hiding under a bush. But my rooster started flapping his wings and screeching and all sorts of things to get rid of the hawk. But the hawk only moved from my backyard to the fence. So I had to go out there and scare it off. How do I get rid of it. It only happen one time that I know of. But i don't want it to ever happen again.
What kind of hawk?

Don't put your faith in so called scare hawks. Unless there is a grave danger that something like a big dog will kill and eat the hawk, visual deterrents just don't cut it. Technically it is a violation to scare a hawk off of your property. It is called harassment.

hawk sitting on owl.jpeg

Now I'm going to tell you my next anti predator plan,I don't advise doing this unless you clear it with your neighbors and yeah it's probably considered hawk "and everything else harassment". I'm going to replace danger Dan the scarecrow with one of those tube men, technically I think they're called air dancers. The smallest one you can buy is 6 feet tall and runs about 100 bucks with the blower although I'm looking for a better deal. I honestly think it will work and I won't have to keep taking Dan for walks. :)

Back
Top Bottom