How to get roosters to get along?

I got 2 cockerels (so I could add one to my hen only flock).Any tips on how to convince them to accept him? LOl
Not really. Sometimes look amd don't touch works, sometimes not. Sometimes keeping them together without hens for a while works, and then you can add the hens, Sometimes that doesn't work. My method for most is to just throw the new one in and monitor them.

I raised my cockerels and pullets in a divided run (look but don't touch)Separated from my main flock by only a door and wire fencing. I kept them separated until the pullets started laying but added the cockerels soon as they started maturing.My hens mated with the cockerels until I added the pullets.Then everything went south I can't get my older hens to stop harassing the pullets and they still won't mate the roosters

Even birds that have been raised together, (which in reality has little to no influence on chicken behavior after maturity) can come to a point that they don't work together. Some birds just cannot live together peacefully.

Always solve for peace in the flock. Sometimes this means a bird NEEDS to be removed so that the remains have harmony.

Mrs

My advice would be to keep the one the hens like best and rehome the other before they will seriously injure one another or the hens that might accidently get into the fighting i.e. by kicking one another from the hens while mating.

Watch them closely and you will soon see which of the two the hens prefer.

You didn't mention what breed they all are and if they're similar in size and weight.When a rooster wants to be the leader whether he's bigger or not he will challenge the other one until he's beat or the other one submits.Game chickens will fight to their death
You didn't mention what breed they all are and if they're similar in size and weight.When a rooster wants to be the leader whether he's bigger or not he will challenge the other one until he's beat or the other one submits.Game chickens will fight to their death
Bantam silkie roo’s! There the same size ones a white silkie and the others black

Not really. Sometimes look amd don't touch works, sometimes not. Sometimes keeping them together without hens for a while works, and then you can add the hens, Sometimes that doesn't work. My method for most is to just throw the new one in and monitor them.
Thank you I was afraid of that. I Trying to talk a friend into hatching some chicks from my eggs and me saving this rooster for him.

Back
Top Bottom