How to get white eggs?

Jetfisk

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2020
Hjørring, Denmark
Hello everybody

This might be a very stupid question but I have to ask.
I have two breeds who were supposed to lay white eggs, but they give beige/very light brown-ish eggs

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
They are fed with feed without rapeseed (bought as feed for brown egg-layers). Is this the cause?
I've been told that the eggs from brown egg-layers fed with feed containing rapeseed will taste like fish, so I don't want to feed all my hens with feed for white egg-layers (containing rapeseed).

I'm just curious about why my hens don't lay eggs in the colour that the internet says it should 🤷‍♀️😂

BGcoop

Songster
Aug 5, 2018
What breeds do you have? I have found that some sites say “white” while others will specify light brown, pink, etc.

LikeTurkeys

Songster
Jul 25, 2018
Southern California
Hello everybody

This might be a very stupid question but I have to ask.
I have two breeds who were supposed to lay white eggs, but they give beige/very light brown-ish eggs

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
They are fed with feed without rapeseed (bought as feed for brown egg-layers). Is this the cause?
I've been told that the eggs from brown egg-layers fed with feed containing rapeseed will taste like fish, so I don't want to feed all my hens with feed for white egg-layers (containing rapeseed).

I'm just curious about why my hens don't lay eggs in the colour that the internet says it should 🤷‍♀️😂
Agreed, what are their breeds? The color of the egg is genetic, it is not something you can change with feed.

Top Bottom