How to identify my Chickens Breed?

All look like mixes to me. The females appear to have pea combs, so maybe Brahma crosses. The male is confusing. Maybe a second generation cross involving Malay or Shamo.
This.

The pullets look like Brahma crosses, and the cockerel looks like he has a decent amount of Oriental Gamefowl in him.

Hi Guys, new to the community. Okay so l have an inquiry:
I have three grown up chicks, their age is about 3 1/2 months. 2 of them are female and 1 is male. The 2 female are thought to be either the Brahma Breed or Cochin Breed but l can't confirm which one. The male breed is unknown. I have attached some pictures as well so you guys can see.

Description:
White - Female,
Full Brown - Female
Brown/Black - Male
You guys can see the comb and wattle of each chicken and along with that the feather structure is also visible. Also the Male one had only wings as a chick and very less/no feathers.

Please inform me about the breeds of the chickens as it would help me a lot in understanding them and taking proper care of them. If you want to give any additional information or comments about the chickens, please do. I would love to get all the information l can. Thanks a lot.

View attachment 2498646View attachment 2498648View attachment 2498649View attachment 2498650View attachment 2498651View attachment 2498652View attachment 2498653View attachment 2498654View attachment 2498655View attachment 2498656View attachment 2498657
Thanks for the effort guys. I have been doing a lot of research lately about game birds, mutts and cross breeds. I have come to this conclusion:

White - Cross of Brahma/Cochin or just a Cochin or Brahma. The breed revolves around Brahma and Cochin for both females.

Brown - Cochin or Cross of Brahma/Cochin. Not a pure Brahma breed because brown Brahma start growing black feathers on their neck and tail.

Brown Male - A cross or a game bird. The origins of the cross which l think can be: Asil, Malay, Modern Game or Shamo.

This is all l can guess. If you have any further information please inform. I am really glad l joined the community. Thanks to all of you. 🐣😊

I can't tell 100% on what the Pullets are. I'm thinking maybe Brahmas. The pictures are very blurred with the comb shots.

The cockerel looks like a Modern Game cross.
Thanks for writing the comment. I have considered the possibility of cross breeds. Also its very difficult to take still and good pictures of chicks specially at this age but thanks again.

:welcome :frow I'm thinking the white pullet might be a Brahma, the brown pullet may be a Cochin and the cockerel a game bird.
Thanks for writing the comment. I agree. I have added a reply to my thread to confirm the origins of cross breeds.

It's kind of hard to tell from the photos. Do you know what type of comb the girls have? Could you take some closer pictures? They look like mixes with maybe some brahma in them.
The boy is some kind of game bird, most likely a mix.
I think the females have pea combs but l am not sure considering their age. The male has a single comb l think. I have attached few more pictures and specially of the male so the origin breeds can be acknowledged.Thanks for writing the comment.

All look like mixes to me. The females appear to have pea combs, so maybe Brahma crosses. The male is confusing. Maybe a second generation cross involving Malay or Shamo.
Thanks for writing the comment. I agree with you, the male does appear to be a game animal. I have attached few more pictures if you can look at them and confirm. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom