How to incubate eggs!

sgps

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2015
Hi,
frow.gif

This thread is going to be about incubating eggs, chicken to turkey and even ducks! Share your knowledge from start to finish and don't be afraid to tell personal triumphs and failures, we all learn from are own mistakes but we learn more from others.
Thank you!
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've used the HovaBator styrofoam incubators with auto egg turners and circulating fans many times to incubate chicken eggs and have always had a good hatch rate with them.

This is the new member introduction thread. You may want to start an incubation thread in a different forum. Welcome to BYC.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You may be best staring a thread in the incubating section. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-amp-hatching-eggs

I do love incubating, it's lots of fun and very rewarding. I've had my fair share of failures and I've also had lots of highs. Seeing the new chick emerge is great and a true miracle. Here are a few pics of my previous hatches, I'm afraid untill Spring my incubator is packed away.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Thank you for your kind words and cute photos.
I've never really had success with my still air incubator out of 120 eggs I got 3 chicks and 60 of the eggs were from a hatchery I flowed the instructions to the finest detail and I have tried this many times but it doesn't work! Do you have any suggestion I could use? Thanks!

Thank you for your kind words and cute photos.
I've never really had success with my still air incubator out of 120 eggs I got 3 chicks and 60 of the eggs were from a hatchery I flowed the instructions to the finest detail and I have tried this many times but it doesn't work! Do you have any suggestion I could use? Thanks!

You're welcome. Some of the other BYC members may have had some success with a still air incubator, but I tried using a still air incubator and turning the eggs by hand a few times and never had any of the eggs hatch. It's why I put out a little more money and got one with forced air circulation and auto egg turning and it made a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom