How to integrate baby Pekins in the flock

Quail Keeper

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
I have tried putting my two Pekins in a cage and sitting them inside the run with the chickens and my grown Pekin and I have let them out and watched them occasionally. My chickens seem to accept the Pekins as friends but my full-grown male Pekin always grabs them by the neck and I have to step in and do something about it. Is there any way to keep this from happening?

I have tried putting my two Pekins in a cage and sitting them inside the run with the chickens and my grown Pekin and I have let them out and watched them occasionally. My chickens seem to accept the Pekins as friends but my full-grown male Pekin always grabs them by the neck and I have to step in and do something about it. Is there any way to keep this from happening?
Until your ducklings are at least 4-5 months old they are no match for your drake , keep them inside with everyone but not where your drake can grab them because he could kill them. and another thing you have to think about is your drake trying to mate with your chickens, if it happens he can kill them since chickens are not made to mate with a duck, very bad for the chickens. your drake will eventually get use to the 2 new ducks but it takes time and during mating season their hormones are so out of control they can hurt and kill even grown adult ducks , try putting them together off and on while your there but if he gets crazy then separate, they will eventually become a flock it just takes time. and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom