How to introduce a chicken in a day to a new flock?

pvchicken1

Songster
Mar 18, 2021
I am giving my Delaware chicken to a farm in a little bit. They already have about 20 chickens. I need some tips on her to introduce her into the flock in a couple hours. The chickens at the farm are all different breeds and are kept in a tractor coop and will sometimes free range. Any ideas? Should I just hope for the best?

I am giving my Delaware chicken to a farm in a little bit. They already have about 20 chickens. I need some tips on her to introduce her into the flock in a couple hours. The chickens at the farm are all different breeds and are kept in a tractor coop and will sometimes free range. Any ideas? Should I just hope for the best?
I dont think you can do it in one day...but I would ask if they do the see no touch method it think that would be best for 1 out of 20. Or do they have ones that look like her

I dont think you can do it in one day...but I would ask if they do the see no touch method it think that would be best for 1 out of 20. Or do they have ones that look like her
I think so. She is won’t be at the bottom of the pecking order, because this place has a few polish hens.

Back
Top Bottom