How to introduce

I put mine in a big dog kennel right in the coop for a few weeks.....they saw. Now they still don't like each other but as long as the little ones stay in the coop the bigs leave them alone in the coop. If they go out to the run....they might be chased. Good luck...I'm still sorting mine out...I had to separate three to another coop. Now I want to get them back into the big coop but will wait until the littles are a bit bigger.

Hmmm interesting. I have my 2- 3 week old Silkies where the other girls: 9- 7 to 10 week olds can see them but can't get to them yet. I'm wondering how long to have them separated.

People on here recommend they are nearly the same size to blend...and then to have many hiding places so nobody gets pinned down. Been reading on here a lot and it seems that every situation is different. I think the longer the better if you can...

Mine roost together fine but the run yard is controlled by the bigs. They don't hoard food or water, just the yard. Of course there are multiple food/water stations.

The littles keep testing them and the skirmishes are a bit less.
Hope this helps..my experience is limited..

People on here recommend they are nearly the same size to blend...and then to have many hiding places so nobody gets pinned down. Been reading on here a lot and it seems that every situation is different. I think the longer the better if you can...

Mine roost together fine but the run yard is controlled by the bigs. They don't hoard food or water, just the yard. Of course there are multiple food/water stations.

The littles keep testing them and the skirmishes are a bit less.
Hope this helps..my experience is limited..

Thanks! It does help a lot. They've still got a while to go before they're anywhere near the same size as the others, and the bigger girls themselves are trying to establish the pecking order as of now and so there's been a few scuffles on their end already.

Back
Top Bottom