how to keep chickens from pooping on garage cement pad.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cluck house, Nov 3, 2014.

1. cluck house

cluck house New Egg

Apr 30, 2014
    I have lots of shade and grassy yard for my chickens to roam in. Yet every time I let them out of their pen then eventually seem to gather on our garage cement slab and poop all over. It looks terrible and is hard to keep clean. Other than locking them up all day does any one have any suggestions?

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    My flock is very friendly and inquisitive. I have 14 hens and one rooster. If they're free ranging, and my husband is working in the garage, they will comein there with him. And sometimes they poop in the garage. So my husband made this frame with some netting and he puts that across the garage opening. That way they can't get in with him, but he can work in there with the door open.

They can be so destructive! They discovered my front flower bed and scratched it all up. They didn't bother the azalea bushes, but I had some small mums planted there for fall, and the chickens destroyed them, along with some ground cover that I liked. Thank goodness my huge, walk in flower garden is in the fenced yard, where they can't get it.

STINKERS! But I just really love them......I end up sweeping the dirt back into the front flower bed every evening. Messy! ARG!

3. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    That's what chicken do! My flock is not encouraged to come to the house at all. There's a reason! Fencing, negative reinforcement, and fencing are the solutions. Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by