How to keep people away from our chickens?!

I agree with the electric fence idea. A packet of pigtails , a roll of "hot tape" a solar unit and some strategically placed signs
1f4a5.png
" electric fence " . It acts like an invisible wall, the chickens will duck back under, when being pursued and it will stop the pursuer in their tracks.

I too have problems with people chasing and photographing my chickesn when I'm not outside with them or at home...and I live in a rural area. When I am home I am not very friendly when I confront them. I then advise them that they are stressing my chickens and that affects their egg laying.

I disagree with the others who have posted that your chickens are a nusience. They are on your property and these people are tresspassing. Your chickens should be allowed to free range as you want them to,. I would put a sign very prominently on my property that says, "yes, I know they are out" and "Please leave the chickens alone". Thank you.

Unfortunately, people think they are entitled to go on other peoples property and do whatever they want. The only way these people will stay off of your property and leave your chickens alone is to be blunt with them.

Good luck.

@ChickenObsessed!!!
@chickenobsessed

i have chickens in my backyard and i live in the city too. my chickens never run away. they stay in my back and front yards and they are free range. yes they poop everywhere but of course we clean the pooped on locations. i think it is ok for them to stay in the city a long as they know where to be. regardless of them being chickens, they are smart. my chickens come to me when i call them and they know not to go near the road. we have never had any problems with keeping chickens in the city.

Back
Top Bottom