How to make a Polish Cochin cross.

I just read your post and was wondering the progress.

Have some Info to share on this subject. I have a Blue Partridge Standard cochin Hen and a Silver Laced Polish Roo. I am incubating 2 eggs as we speak. After Posting about this I learned :

Silver Laced x Partridge will produce Sex Linked Chicks.
Your males will hatch yellow/gold and females will hatch silver

Because of my hen (Blue Partridge) I will have a 50/50 chance of hatching some chicks that are blue based. They will all be incomplete Partridge/Laced.

I will post pictures of what I get in about 16 Days if all goes according to plan. But anyhow little more info on the subject.

Ara
Yes please, keep us updated.
I don't think the original OP is on the forum anymore.

ok So I have a golden lace cochin in with my golden lace polish (3 hens & roo)
I have 6 of the cochin eggs incubating now, on day 11.
I will post pics when they hatch. I didnt plan on the cross but when I bought my silver polish roo I couldnt pass up the beautiful golden lace cochin!! So....we shall see what emerges!!

I’m bringing this old thread back looking for Polish Cochin crosses! I have 17 in lockdown due tomorrow. But boy am I going to get backyard surprises! While I hoping for Polish cross, and he was not a standard color but oh so handsome with black, blue, white, red, and gold, there was also a blue Cochin Roo and a Light Brahma Roo. Over hens of Whiting True Green, Blue Ameracuana, Light Brahma, Black Orpington, Olive Egger probably Cream Legbar x Marans, and Welsummer.

How did I get here? I rehomed the Cochin and Brahma intending on keeping the Polish Roo with a day old Polish order due to arrive next week, but he passed away. All within a week of each other. A broken heart? So I grabbed every egg I had and put them in the incubator. Actually can’t wait to see what pops out! Before he passed away I had a project plan in mind, but well ... that flew the coop!

I’m bringing this old thread back looking for Polish Cochin crosses! I have 17 in lockdown due tomorrow. But boy am I going to get backyard surprises! While I hoping for Polish cross, and he was not a standard color but oh so handsome with black, blue, white, red, and gold, there was also a blue Cochin Roo and a Light Brahma Roo. Over hens of Whiting True Green, Blue Ameracuana, Light Brahma, Black Orpington, Olive Egger probably Cream Legbar x Marans, and Welsummer.

So what did you end up getting?!? That sounds like Christmas in Spring! Ha!

I'm awaiting hatching of 8 eggs in incubator.gold laced polish Roo and gold laced Cochin hen. Do you have updated pics on your silver laced hatching? I'm so excited my plan is to then breed chicks together then two of those hens with broken laced will go to my buff polish Roo.

Back
Top Bottom