How to make a roost BOX for a disabled chicken?

Hi- my chicken has a leg that was broken and paralyzed. How are you caring for your disabled chicken? I’m not sure how to care for her or if I need to put her down

Hi- my chicken has a leg that was broken and paralyzed. How are you caring for your disabled chicken? I’m not sure how to care for her or if I need to put her down
Mine doesn't even roost right now. She's still a chick. She is kept with just a single other chick with plenty of easy to reach food in the brooder right now. I check her crop a couple times a day to make sure she's eating as well. You can try giving yours mash food that's easy to reach. As for treating a broken or paralyzed leg, you need to ask in the emergency/cures/diseases forum. You'll be more likely to get treatment help for that stuff there.

Mine doesn't even roost right now. She's still a chick. She is kept with just a single other chick with plenty of easy to reach food in the brooder right now. I check her crop a couple times a day to make sure she's eating as well. You can try giving yours mash food that's easy to reach. As for treating a broken or paralyzed leg, you need to ask in the emergency/cures/diseases forum. You'll be more likely to get treatment help for that stuff there.
Thank you for your info!

Back
Top Bottom