how to make rooster heavy, gain weight!!! help please

A white leghorn should get about 5-51/2 lbs. Are you feeding a feed mix? If so what protein amount? Also does he live with younger birds and hens? Helps to know for recommendations. In general a 16-18% protein grower feed should be ok. If mixed ages of young and old then a flockraiser feed would work for growth. If mixed with laying hens a grower or layer feed of 16-18% should be ok. Poultry Grit should be offered free choice as well.

hello my rooster is 7 month old .he is a white leghorn
currently he weights 1.7 kg and is not good at eating like he is bored of what he gets
any suggestion to make him gain weight and eat more

his diet consist of boiled eggs, millet ,oats,porridge,pulses,legumes,nuts,rice
@kriz the farmer can you post some photos please?
I know you have struggled in the past, let's see if we can get someone from India to help you with his diet and vitamin intake. @Saaniya do you have any suggestions for Kriz?

In the mean time, I would increase his protein - fish, meat, eggs and get some vitamins into him a couple of times a week.

I understand that in some countries there is not “feed” available to purchase.
It is possible that you might need to de-worm him. Is that available to you?
I also understand that animal protein such as meat is at a premium. Feeding egg is a good source.
Make sure he’s not having some type of digestive problem. Does he have crop issues?

hello my rooster is 7 month old .he is a white leghorn
currently he weights 1.7 kg and is not good at eating like he is bored of what he gets
any suggestion to make him gain weight and eat more

his diet consist of boiled eggs, millet ,oats,porridge,pulses,legumes,nuts,rice

His weight is ideal for his age
In my eyes
We can't fast his weight gain his system will hurt ..like broiler

@kriz the farmer can you post some photos please?
I know you have struggled in the past, let's see if we can get someone from India to help you with his diet and vitamin intake. @Saaniya do you have any suggestions for Kriz?

In the mean time, I would increase his protein - fish, meat, eggs and get some vitamins into him a couple of times a week.

@Wyorp Rock i.told.him.& show him.vitamins bottle i.use & handy in India Delhi

There's only vitamins can help also Pearl Millet (High Quality) dirt free

If pearl millet combined with vitamins 1 drop daily weight score very good but 1.7.KG for 7 month old roo is perfect otherwise his leg affect due to weight leghorn is not so.heavy in.india

@kriz the farmer

IMG20181023182230.jpg

Proovi Boost
125/- INR
You Can Get This From
BEXI VETERINARY MEDICAL STORE NEAR ST. STEPHAN HOSPITAL
DELHI

In my eyes

If pearl millet combined with vitamins 1 drop daily weight score very good but 1.7.KG for 7 month old roo is perfect otherwise his leg affect due to weight leghorn is not so.heavy in.india

@kriz the farmer

View attachment 1572381

Proovi Boost
125/- INR
You Can Get This From
BEXI VETERINARY MEDICAL STORE NEAR ST. STEPHAN HOSPITAL
DELHI
Thanks @Saaniya :thumbsup

In my eyes

@kriz the farmer
I can not buy themultivitamin as the place you told his far away and he don't eat pearl millets and behaves like he is bored of food

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom