1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to P _ss of a Rooster.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by terrilhb, Sep 5, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    My hen was limping. I tried to catch her earlier today but she kept running. So I decided to wait till dark. [​IMG] Yeah right. [​IMG] I get her and she screams. Out comes my rooster. [​IMG] He is always sweet to me. Was he tonight? Oh H _ _ L NO.[​IMG] He attacks me. I kick him away and he keeps coming. I am reaching for the lock behind me. As my hen is screaming help me help me. WOW I now know what they mean about a Rooster is for fertilizing eggs and PROTECTION. Because even in the dark he came after me. But I did check her no bumblefoot. So she must have sprained it. Because beside limping she is eating drinking, and looking for bugs. But oh my at my roo.

2. Quinn4321

Quinn4321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    P.A/M.D border, USA
    Although you are probably annoyed with him, I would be delighted to know that if anything got into your pen at night and started working on your girls he would come after them with a vengeance! As long as he is still nice in the daytime....
    Lucky you! Good roo!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Try not to be too angry with him. He was just doing his job.

4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:definitely I would even be proud of him for sticking up for his ladies like that.

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Oh I am not mad with him. He hates my DH always tries to attack him. But my DH hates him too. So he does not go in his coop. But he loves me. I am very proud of him. It just shocked me. He is a Minorca. My RIR roosters dont do that. He has alway been my boy. Just know now to be on guard if I have to do it again. He is such an awesome rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by