How to price

chickalicia

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 14, 2015
Bakersfield ca
First sorry if in wrong spot I looked and could not find where to put this or an answer.
I would like to know how people determine the price if their chicks chickens Roos and also by their age - on how much to sell their chicks Roos and all to others buyers

That's a tough call. A lot depends on availability in your area, what people have to sell, and what people want to buy. I'd start by looking on craig's list in your state, and any agricultural web sites. Then, I'd look at what people are paying to get chicks locally, or even what they end up paying for a few chicks from companies such as MPC. The price may surprise you. The bottom line, after doing all that research is: Is my bird worth more to me to keep it than it is to sell it to you. For instance: I won't give roosters away. After I've hatched them, fed them, raised them, decided who stays and who goes, put up with the rooster drama... by then, I've got a lot invested. If not financially, then emotionally. I'll not give a rooster away so someone else can eat him after all my hard work. I'll invest a bit more time, and invite him to dinner at my table. So, I didn't answer your question, did I!!!

In my area 1-2week chicks are $8-$10 4 weeks are $15 6-8 weeks are $20 after that most people wont sell because of attatchment or cost to raise them. Im in CA not sure how much of difference in other states!

Back
Top Bottom