How to questions on hatching Turkey Eggs

NurseNettie

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
Northern Maine
I was looking through links and couldn't find one on how to do turkey eggs. I've got some that I"m going to set tonight, and want to be sure of temp, hatching days/ turning days/ humidity.

Thanks in advance!

Have you got a still-air incubator or one with a fan?

On one with a fan, I keep the temp at 99.5 degrees. Humidity is the same as for chicken eggs. The setting time is 28 days. Take the turner out on day 25.

What kind of turkey eggs do you have?

Good luck with your hatch. Let me (us) know how it goes!!

Don't know how much help I can be, but I've had turkeys for 8 years. Hatched several in the bator. You are welcome to PM me if you want to. I'll help any way I can.

Hope you have a GREAT DAY!!

the Old Rebel

Thanks. I've got a hovabator genesis-- so it's preset at 99.5, with a fan-- so I should be all set! Phew!! I wasn't as sure about the setting time-- but now I am-- thanks so much.

I'll have to double check the turkey types-- I'm doing this for a friend-- and I can't remember off the top of my head ( and too lazy to go upstairs to peek!)

Quote:

Quote:
I've been hatching Bourbon Red Turkey this spring and as the other 2 posters stated same as chickens except 28 days .. I have seen an occassional early bird..

I try to keep the temp near 99.5.. If you see 100 Degrees I back my off just a tad.. Keep my Humidity around 35-45%..

Back
Top Bottom