how to raise chukar

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by pringle, Sep 21, 2009.

1. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Are there any good websites for raising em?If not then ill ask you [​IMG] .Are chukar like quail?How big are there eggs and how many can they make?Whats the ratio of males to females?how long is there incubaition process?when do they start laying eggs?what should I feed them?Sorry but ive never raised these animamls but would like to know how.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thx

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    You Do Get Around Dont Ya Ladd? [​IMG]

Incubation= Same Conditions As Chickens, Usually 23-25 Days. The Eggs Are The Size Of Really Large Quail Eggs. Yes Chukar Are Like Bob White Quail--- Not Coturnix. They Are Seasonal Layers, So What You Have Heard About Bob White Pretty Much Applies To These Guys Too... Feed Is The Same As Bobs Too--- Gamebird Starter/ Feed. The Higher The Protien The Better. As Far As Web Sites---idk? Do A Web Search Or Be Patient And Somebody 'round Here Will Come Up With Some For Ya!

3. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    lol thx for the info,Im mainly intrested in small gamebird species so thats why im asking around [​IMG]

4. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by