How to raise ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rooster brandon., Nov 7, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    My brother wants to raise ducks and he doesent have a computor or he would make a acount on here him self but how to raise duck what do you feed them where to get the feed where do they sleep how to build a home for them basically he needs a how to raise ducks for dummies.......

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Tell him to check out Dave Holderread's "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks." That is the most comprehensive, reliable, and easy to use reference available. It can be found at bookstores & usually also the library, or you can get your local bookstore to order it.

I have a brief care sheet I give to potential duck owners with some basic information, and I'd be glad to forward that to you if you'd like. But it is basic information and should be used only as a starting point, as there is a lot to know to take outstanding care of ducks. If you want a copy of that, just PM me or email me at heather at curiositycat dot me (take out the spaces & replace "at" and "dot" with the symbols) and I'll send that to you. You can also get to my email address by following the link to my blog in my signature line and then go to "contact me" and click the link there. The care sheet is in a format that is easy to print and hand to someone.

Good luck to you and your friend. This is a great place to find information, but I understand about not being huge on the computer. [​IMG] Have fun.

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Story's Guide to Raising Ducks

There are several decent books on raising ducks. Have him check the local library or use the computer there to order one online (and/or do some research on ducks)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by