How to raise humidity during last week of incubating

chickeneer1-1

Chirping
Feb 17, 2021
Hi there! I'm on day 18 of incubating my chickens eggs. I made my incubator at home and its been working perfectly fine so far. I've begun lockdown!! I've managed to keep the humidity around 40-50% during the the 18-day period. I keep a plastic bowl with a sponge in it filled with water all day long. I read that I have to raise the humidity to 65%, how can I do this? Please respond asap i dont want my chicks to die!

Move your bowl with sponge next to your heat source and add a little more water. Or add another bowl.
The bowl is right under the light. I added some paper towels as well. I'm going to try adding another bowl as you said. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

If u keep the paper towels in too long they will start to form bacteria and stink and that is bad for the chicks,adding a 2nd bowl should be enough for them ,🐣goodluck 🙂

The bowl is right under the light. I added some paper towels as well. I'm going to try adding another bowl as you said. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!
The more water surface you have will increase the humidity. I never use a sponge in my bowls. I just put 2 or 3 cups of water in the incubator and it supports the level of humidity needed for lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom