how to reach right temperature with wafer (still air incubator)

the 3 amigos

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 13, 2017
I pluged my Hovabator 1602N last week to prepare and the temp on digital thermometer was 99.8 so I tought all was good. After putting the eggs in I decided to check with another thermometer and this one was at 98 F...does someone know how many turns (full, half, quarter) does this increase or decrease the temp? ex: half turn = 1 degree F, etc.). I seem to turn it and the temp does not increase. :( Just don't want to play with it too much...scared the temp will rise way too much. Thanks for your help!

It is a still air incubator. Warm air rises. That means where you take the temperature in there elevation-wise is very important. Would that explain the differences in the temperatures you are getting? Read the instructions that come with that incubator but the standard target temperature is 101.5 Fahrenheit taken at the top of the eggs in a still air.

It is a still air incubator. Warm air rises. That means where you take the temperature in there elevation-wise is very important. Would that explain the differences in the temperatures you are getting? Read the instructions that come with that incubator but the standard target temperature is 101.5 Fahrenheit taken at the top of the eggs in a still air.
Just saw your reply...My temperature averages from 99 to 100F. I candeled at day 14 and saw movement in every egg. Hatch date is next week, I will know if the temps was ok or not (cross fingers). Thank you!😊

Back
Top Bottom