how to sell fertile chicken eggs

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi everyone! i have not been very active lately, but im most likely going to be on here lots more again! i have a broody hen that i just bought some polish eggs for. and i started thinking about how much fun it would be to sell fertile eggs. i have quite a few breeds in mind! but im not sure what the first step would be? does anyone here sell fertile eggs? if so i would love to chat and get some tips from you!

hi everyone! i have not been very active lately, but im most likely going to be on here lots more again! i have a broody hen that i just bought some polish eggs for. and i started thinking about how much fun it would be to sell fertile eggs. i have quite a few breeds in mind! but im not sure what the first step would be? does anyone here sell fertile eggs? if so i would love to chat and get some tips from you!
I sell fertile chicken eggs on craigslist. I mark them Barnyard Mix (I don't separate breeds), and offer them year round.

I know in NYS you don’t have to be NPIP to sell on Craigslist. If I’m remembering right you don’t even have to be to sell on eBay. I’ve bought eggs off eBay that weren’t NPIP certified.
If selling on Craigslist you don’t really have to ship them. People just come and pick them up. When you sell on eBay you have to figure out shipping. Ebay and Facebook though have cracked down on selling eggs. You have to word it differently now. You can also sell on Etsy.

I know in NYS you don’t have to be NPIP to sell on Craigslist. If I’m remembering right you don’t even have to be to sell on eBay. I’ve bought eggs off eBay that weren’t NPIP certified.
If selling on Craigslist you don’t really have to ship them. People just come and pick them up. When you sell on eBay you have to figure out shipping. Ebay and Facebook though have cracked down on selling eggs. You have to word it differently now. You can also sell on Etsy.
CL or eBay don’t care.

USPS cares. For chicks to ship USPS, it is my understanding must be NPIP. However, eggs are classed differently, so OP should be aware of what is required for them.

CL or eBay don’t care.

USPS cares. For chicks to ship USPS, it is my understanding must be NPIP. However, eggs are classed differently, so OP should be aware of what is required for them.
Yes. Right. Thank you for clarifying. I know to sell eggs on fb or Etsy you have to word it differently. I thought eBay had changed it as well. For chicks you do have to be NPIP certified. But not to ship fertilized eggs. At least in NYS.

20210105_162912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom