How to set up the best, effective dust bath?

You don't put much in it so the SevinDust won't hurt them.

ETA: DE is more of a preventative than a treatment. If you don't have problems with mites you can use DE, but if they have mites you're better off using the SevinDust.

Last edited:
Quote:
seven dust is just easier to find here and in smaller quanities, my birds will be in my livingroom so they should have problems unless my dog drags in fleas. And quaillady had mentioned putting oyster shell in the bath for them to hunt for so I don't want the to eat a peice of oystershell with dust on it and get sick.

Last edited:
Quote:
seven dust is just easier to find here and in smaller quanities, my birds will be in my livingroom so they should have problems unless my dog drags in fleas.

You might want to rethink the dust bath then, or get a covered cat box that will keep most of the dust contained. They can sure make a mess once they get going. If they are inside you'd probably be fine with just plain dirt, fleas from your dog shouldn't bother the birds.

Okay when I Google sevindust/sevendust all I get is info on some stupid band
hu.gif

Ihave used Seven dust all the time never
a problem with birds eating it.
I also dust all my coops. dont know if they have eaten
it but its been powered all over . and havent lost a bird yet.

We don't use chemicals here at 7L. I personally don't like eating poision but hey its your call. I eat & sell my birds for consumption & there's no way I would eat or sell birds that have eaten Sevin Dust. I'm not a health nut by no means but why eat it if you don't have too. JMO.

Quote:
i also don't believe in using any sort of chemical, unless you really have to.

preventative..yea i guess it would help, honestly i don't think you need if you keep it clean.

Back
Top Bottom