how to tack the wire.

We back right up to woodland, so EVERYTHING is out here and not really any way to keep them away. The hawk wasn't bothering us since he couldn't get in, but that dumb dog was going to find a way in being of the terrier mentality. Figured once the dumb dog broke in, either the coons would follow or we'd get sued for letting the Pyr deal with the terrier. So the dumb terrier got a few (ok, erm I think it took 17 that we caught on film) shocks to learn to knock it the heck off, and the hawk landed once and hasn't come back. The electrical is off right now because we don't need it - but we can turn it back on if need be.

We always bury the fence. Just figure someone is going to get the smart idea to try to dig. If they dig enough of a tunnel for the distance they'd have to to get in and not alert the dogs and us, figure they've earned the meal. But it's NOT a free meal!

Quote:
Where did you get your hardware cloth? What size/guage did you use? That's a nice looking setup you have!

I had to order the harware cloth from a local agri store. I got a roll of 1/2in, 19guage, 4ftx100ft. Not exactly cheap but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom