How to tame an aggressive rooster?

If you don't introduce him to the crock pot, and who could blame you! Give yourself a very short time line. perhaps 1 - 2 weeks, and diligently train him. If he becomes a model citizen, fine. But IF he ever so much as looks at you the wrong way after that, show him the axe. Good roosters are a dime a dozen. Don't waste your feed on a bad rooster!
I do not eat chicken for the cruelty of killing it:)

I do not eat chicken for the cruelty of killing it:)
I tell my children that we take care of our chickens until it is time for them to take care of us. We have processed dozens and none of them have suffered, we use the cone method and I would stake my own life on the fact that those roos don't even know what happened. I would much rather myself humanly and quickly dispatch our aggressive roos than a factory not even kill them before scalding. I will not tolerate a mean roo that could injure my children, at the same time I won't have him suffer. Dispatch them quickly and make use of their necessary death, is my way of thinking.

I tell my children that we take care of our chickens until it is time for them to take care of us. We have processed dozens and none of them have suffered, we use the cone method and I would stake my own life on the fact that those roos don't even know what happened. I would much rather myself humanly and quickly dispatch our aggressive roos than a factory not even kill them before scalding. I will not tolerate a mean roo that could injure my children, at the same time I won't have him suffer. Dispatch them quickly and make use of their necessary death, is my way of thinking.
I see your point of view. :)

Back
Top Bottom