how to tell the age of my Embden goose?

AchillesXX

Hatching
Jan 28, 2022
I have an Embden goose, Snowflake, that was introduced into our flock along with two saddlebacks in late September. She's much less skiddish than all of our other geese, who we all either hatched or got as babies. she's always had a bit of a limp, but with the snow settling in, it's gotten more noticeable. she keeps up with the flockfine during the day, but sometimes, like tonight, I have to carry her as I herd the others into their run and put her directly into their coop. her limp and her being more social leads us to believe she may be older, but we can't quite tell with the traditional things like their feathers dulling, since she's pure white. is there anything we can do to be able to tell her age? I'm adding a photo of her with our saddlebacks, and a side profile i nabbed from a video. sorry for the bad quality of the side profile.
8DADC172-43FB-43C2-B176-9CDF9A8FA0B2.jpeg
5E0AD7BC-4FF7-49E0-A58D-EDCFB17B745F.jpeg

I do not think there is. A healthy bird of any age looks about the same as one that's a year old. Have you researched this? I took just a few minutes now and all I could find was how to tell a juvenile from an adult, otherwise nothing.

Back
Top Bottom