How to tell the difference…

Updated Photos! Any further thoughts???
C40A928E-B344-44EC-9A79-7FA15D4F224D.jpeg
104C24CC-33DD-4FB7-8A19-C76A1BC89E32.jpeg
EC9DE37D-B39E-4DB3-A45C-71933477C427.jpeg

For anyone who is still invested, I’m pretty sure this huge nugget is a Pekin! At 4 weeks old, this one is as big as my Welsh Harlequin! I have to think by size alone, we’ve confirmed a Pekin. Thanks for your help!
B4D00E79-1248-4703-9A39-6C0DB6B7D3E9.jpeg

Very pretty ducks. Are you supplementing niacin for your ducklings? Asking because your Pekins leg looks turned in. It's very important they have a niacin supplement while growing so they don't come down with a deficiency. Pekin are notorious for coming down with niacin deficiency because they grow so fast their legs suffer for it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Very pretty ducks. Are you supplementing niacin for your ducklings? Asking because your Pekins leg looks turned in. It's very important they have a niacin supplement while growing so they don't come down with a deficiency. Pekin are notorious for coming down with niacin deficiency because they grow so fast their legs suffer for it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
I am supplementing niacin because I have been worried about the Pekin’s legs! It doesn’t seem to have helped yet and I’m not sure what else to do. They’re rather pigeon toed. This picture definitely exaggerates it (it’s a still frame from a video, and the Pekin is working on turning around). I also have frozen peas as a snack yesterday. Any other ideas?? And thank you for not just assuming I was neglecting this ducky. I feel like people are so quick to assume, and you approached me with kindness. Thank you!

Seems when one already has an issue that the liquid B Complex works the best and fastest at getting them over it. That link I gave you talks about it. I’d def get some and try it. It will say injectable but we just put it over a tasty treat so we know the duck is getting full dose. It has helped so many ducklings and ducks that have niacin deficiency. This maybe something she’ll need for all her life . Pekins just grow so fast. Nutritional yeast is another good source Of niacin and b vitamins that can be sprinkled over their feed at 1 tab per cup of feed. But I’d get her on the liquid b for now. TSC carry’s one brand name Durvet. Please keep us up on how she and the others are doing.

Thank you, Miss Lydia! I will try that!!! Thank you for your help and guidance!
Seems when one already has an issue that the liquid B Complex works the best and fastest at getting them over it. That link I gave you talks about it. I’d def get some and try it. It will say injectable but we just put it over a tasty treat so we know the duck is getting full dose. It has helped so many ducklings and ducks that have niacin deficiency. This maybe something she’ll need for all her life . Pekins just grow so fast. Nutritional yeast is another good source Of niacin and b vitamins that can be sprinkled over their feed at 1 tab per cup of feed. But I’d get her on the liquid b for now. TSC carry’s one brand name Durvet. Please keep us up on how she and the others are doing.

Back
Top Bottom