How to treat a broken leg.

Thank you for your advice. So, i shouldn't worry about the other girl being lonley? I am keeping the wound clean as possible but it's near her vent so it's pretty nasty. I will take your advise and separate them tomorrow. How much gin are we talking to give her? Does it have to be gin or will any alcohol work?

l have a hen with a broken leg just an inch or two under the joint, that was 3 days ago now and l don't know what to do, and yesterday l noticed that some spots on her leg below the break are turning green. What can l do and what does the green mean?

IMG_2623.JPG

l have a hen with a broken leg just an inch or two under the joint, that was 3 days ago now and l don't know what to do, and yesterday l noticed that some spots on her leg below the break are turning green. What can l do and what does the green mean?

How is your chicken today?

How is your chicken today?
She is just fine, She can limp around fairly ok, and l put her with the rest of the flock during the day. At night she hides so l have to find her. Last night, l couldn't even find her! Saw her today though, she seems happy to be out of the dog kennel. But l suspect that she will always have a big limp because l never set her broken leg.

Back
Top Bottom