How to treat a prolapsed vent?

Cwat2006

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
Yesterday all my chickens seemed perfect and running around but this afternoon when I went in the feed them I noticed one of them had a prolapsed vent I have isolated her and given her a bath in some warm soapy water with detol then sprayed some vetericyn while trying to put it back in place and I was able to with not much force but unfortunately soon after it just went back to normal I need help now to make her feeling better I gave her some supplements in her water but seriously need help for treatment

Is it still prolapsed or back in? If still prolapsed, give her warm epsom salt soaks. Epsom salt reduces swelling. You can also apply Preparation H (hemorroid medicine) it will also reduce swelling. Keep her in a quiet dark place for a few days so she can take a break from laying eggs.

Is it still prolapsed or back in? If still prolapsed, give her warm epsom salt soaks. Epsom salt reduces swelling. You can also apply Preparation H (hemorroid medicine) it will also reduce swelling. Keep her in a quiet dark place for a few days so she can take a break from laying eggs.
Will do thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom